40Seas develops financial solutions tailored for the global supply chain market (exporters, importers, and freight forwarders), including a new breed of flexible payment terms for cross-border transactions. The company was founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs from the Fintech industry whose prior companies have had successful IPOs or been acquired by market leaders.
As an Underwriting and Risk Manager, you will be part of the company’s underwriting and risk initial team. This will require hands-on underwriting work on US-based SMBs, next to help designing and defining processes and methodologies, and partnerships. You will be working closely with the company’s management and other related team members.
This position requires agility and an open-minded personality, next to a high level of technical and analytical expertise, and the ability to define and build processes and methodologies.
- Hands-on underwriting process of SMBs to determine credit worthiness while defining long-term processes, methodologies, and automation.
- Work with existing vendors and onboard new relevant ones.
- Work with the company’s product, development, and business teams and influence the company’s roadmap based on your ideas and expertise.
- Help to develop the company’s compliance and regulation policies.
- At least 2 years of US commercial underwriting experience at a fintech company/bank/ financial institution/large corporate.
- Experience in underwriting small businesses is a significant advantage.
- Proactive self-starter mentality that encourages collaboration and creative thinking in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, driving for actionable insights and data-driven culture.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Great written and oral communication skills
- The role may be hybrid or fully remote.
- Relevant bachelor's degree focused on finance or accounting, or CPA or CFA charter
- Knowledge and expertise in fraud risks and mitigation solutions
- Knowledge and experience in the global trade finance tools and structures
- Experience with managing credit insurance policies